[OM] Re: Nature Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Nature Photography
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 19:59:34 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/2006 3:34:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx writes:

BTW.. I  found an OM-1 for sale for 175.00.. is it worth my efforts to pick
it up.. I  still like film... will my AF lenses fit on it?

Tim,

$175 for an OM 1 is in my opinion way too much to spend.  If you are
interested in these cameras, you might look for a 2 series (2, 2n or 2S) each
of
which takes easily found batteries as opposed to the OM and the not so easy
battery solutions.  Yes, you can get them converted or buy an adapter,  however
in
the "keeping it easy school of thought", I'd suggest a 2 series  camera.

The AF lenses won't work.

Bill Barber