[OM] Re: OT: recovery software for Macs?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: recovery software for Macs?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:13:03 -0400
Manuel may be correct but I find it unlikely that the camera actually
bothers to rewrite every sector on the media.  Such a process would take
a long time so I suspect that's not what it does.

Assuming it has only nuked the directory and not the FAT it should be
possible to reconstruct it.  Unless there were intermediate image
erasures all the data should be sequentially allocated which should make
the task a little easier.  If the directory has been nuked then the
first cluster number of each file is missing but smart software should
be able to back track and figure it out from the FAT entries that
exist... especially since most if not all references are sequential.

Chuck Norcutt