[OM] Re: OT: recovery software for Macs?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: recovery software for Macs?
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:40:02 -0500
On 7/10/06, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for yet another OT post: I have managed to format a friend's SD
> card (on a Coolpix camera) when asked to instruct her in such a
> process, only to find that I had deleted photos that I had not
> realised were there.
>
> I have tried PhotoRescue, CameraSalvage and MediaRECOVER, to no
> avail.  It would seem that not using the Quick Format option I have
> managed actually to erase the photos rather than just marking them
> for deletion.
>
> Has anyone used a really effective piece of software that that I
> might be able to buy for my Mac?  My reputation is at threat here as
> she is one of my students ... :-(
>
> Chris

Chris,
I've had success with a recovery program that it available on Lexar's site:

http://www.lexar.com/drivers/instruct_macIR.html

I don't know why it would work when the programs you tried didn't, as
I assume they work the same, but there it is.  My best wishes (with
condolences in the meantime).

Joel W.