[OM] Re: What's up on this list??? AND THE CLOTHES MARK IS WEARING WITH

Subject: [OM] Re: What's up on this list??? AND THE CLOTHES MARK IS WEARING WITH HIS NEW TOY!
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:11:57 -0600
Well my old Jeep has the V-8 and the side pipes with some very small
mufflers and it pops and bellows when I'm on the throttle. I don't burn much
pavement but can throw a lot of mud and gravel. It's quick off the line and
I enjoy blowing off people who sit at the stop lights revving their engines
and trying to impress people. That only works once though because they are
ready for me after that. It's easy to put it into a drift on gravel roads
and once in a while I revert to my childhood and drive it that way. I was
hard on the throttle in second gear going up a mountain road the other day
and saw a family on motorcycles frantically hustling their kids off the road
in anticipation of a bad meeting. I slowed way down when going past them,
much to their relief. Nobody should have to be showered with gravel. They
looked surprised to see an old fart driving the thing. My grandkids love the
jeep. The new Cayenne is a beauty and I would be happy to test it.  Now it's
time to think about conserving fuel.

/jmac