[OM] Re: formatting

Subject: [OM] Re: formatting
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:26:08 -0400
No it doesn't.  It probably should handle all sorts of unexpected
situations.  And maybe it does.  But it doesn't have to.  All it has to
do is handle exactly what the camera is designed to do to process
images.   Remember that you're talking about a small processor and a
small amount of ROM.  If the designers run out of room or are exceeding
their cost targets there's nothing to prevent them from discarding
things that might be considered "nice to have" features.  Things that
are outside the bounds of the cameras functional design points.

Based on your experience it looks like these "error" conditions are
generally covered but there's no guarantee that the next camera will be
so forgiving.  As a former engineering manager I've thrown out lots of
nice to have function for lots of reasons.

Chuck Norcutt

  Any