[OM] Re: OT - focus screen alternatives for 5D

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - focus screen alternatives for 5D
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:35:55 -0400
I used to enjoy using one-touch zooms decades ago when my eyesight was
better.  Aw, heck, back then *everything* was better.  ;o)

In theory, the shooting process is faster when a lens can be zoomed
and focused by the same ring.  This assumes the shooter can see well
and has good eye-hand coordination.  I now use two touch zooms
exclusively.  Ahem.

I'm glad to hear Rachael is considering expanding her offerings.  The
anomalies Jeff experienced with the BrightScreen are very odd.  Sorry
to hear about them but glad (I guess!) it didn't cost you too much to
find out.

I never observed such problems when I used screens treated with Bill
Maxwell's HiLux process but my lenses weren't so exotic.  BTW, Rachael
refers to it as 'OptiBrite'.  When I talked with Bill a couple years
ago he was in the process of setting up a couple dealers to take over
HiLux processing so I assume she is one of those since the description
for Optibrite is almost identical to HiLux.

I recently bought a Katz-eye screen with HiLux.  It has an appointment
to be installed in my C@non 20D (cough, cough) next week so I'll be
able to report back after then.

Yours for more in-focus pix,

ScottGee1