[OM] Re: Tamron 350/5.6 cat

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 350/5.6 cat
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:08:45 -0700
Probably you and Jim are right. Looking out from my OM-centric world the
350/5.6 doesn't seem that rare. But there are a lot of people interested in
them that aren't using OMs.

My comments about the size of the 300/4.5 being of reasonable size were
based on that it will easily fit in my backpack along with a handful of
lenses. My Tamron 400/4 won't. Also someone looking head-on at a 300/4.5
isn't going to see much difference from looking head-on at a 350/5.6. A cat
lens "shouts long telephoto". A 72mm glass element doesn't shout as loud ...
maybe this is more my own personal bias though.

The astronomy side might be something to look into ...

-jeff