[OM] Re: Tamron 350/5.6 cat

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 350/5.6 cat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:07:32 -0700
Fabio Fiorellato wrote:
> What about this CAT?
>
> [ http://homepage3.nifty.com/3rdpartylens-om/ohnar300.htm ]
>
> and
>
> [ http://homepage3.nifty.com/3rdpartylens-om/Lens%20Test/ohnar300test.htm ]
>
> So far, it's the only one I know with variable aperture!
Doesn't look like it's really variable aperture. Looks more like it may
have built in neutral density filters, convenient, but not at all the
same thing. The reason I say that is that the DOF doesn't change from
f5.6 to f16. With a true aperture change, the DOF would change a great
deal over that range.

We've had discussions about whether, and how, variable aperture with a
mirror lens might be possible. Looks like nobody has yet figured it
out.  :-)

Still has that donut bokeh, particularly awful in the demo shots.

Moose