[OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:33:01 +1000
> Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Mine looks like metal, feels like metal and doesn't bend
> easily... just like metal.  I think we've got different plates.

Only responding because the above reminds me that...

...I own a Polaroid SX-70. It's one of the nicest cameras I've
seen (and now own, though I'm fond of my Yashica-Mat 124 TLR
as well). Nice tan "leather" (maybe real; I can't recall) and
chrome metal....except it's metal-coated plastic. There's a
SX-70 FAQ that goes through the "No, seriously, it's plastic!".
If you didn't see this, you would swear blind it was chrome-
plated metal all the way through, from feel and weight.

It's folding mechanism, and from what it is folded to what it
is opened and back again, is just a pleasure to operate and
look at; a really wonderful design.

Unfortunately, even with the mod's I've made for Polaroid 600
film, plus using the maximum-dialled underexposure (and a
polaroid filter in front), it still seems to overexpose,
as it did with the diminish supply of Time Zero film too.

I might just get some Girl Power and go with the a nice pink
and purple Spice Cam for polaroids ;-)

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz