[OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)

Subject: [OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:38:50 -0700 (PDT)
Marc wrote:
> I ask if you ever wind up with any kind of lower to middle
> back pain/spasms...

Actually, yes. I'm not convinced it's carrying the bag that
causes it, though. But then, I do carry a computer bag (or two)
every day. Hmm. Very interesting.

> Backpain reminds me of migraine - it's a pain you want to
> avoid if you can, because it takes *everything* out of you.

I suffer both.  I've had migraines since I can remember as a
child. One of my daughters is the same way. The back was injured
a few times by work accidents (slipping in a freezer while
stacking 33# boxes of fries), bicycle wipeouts (one glorious
trip through the air going down the side of a mountain) and an
auto accident (driver side t-bone) and various other
power-kiting inadvertant bodily impacts with terra firma.  But I
think sitting in an office chair staring at a computer screen is
probably my biggest problem.

Back to your point, though, carrying a tripod on-shoulder really
causes me some pain.  It's that lower-mid that locks up on me
when I'm shooting--with or without a bag.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com