[OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)

Subject: [OM] Re: Backpacks (was: Tripods/ Packs or cases)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:45:14 -0700 (PDT)
Walt wrote:
> The backpack would be expected to hold the E-330
> body instead, while the E-1 with, most likely, the 14-54
> attached would probably be around my neck or off one shoulder
> as I venture forth. That makes this bag more practical,
> particularly since it's only 4 inches deep and the E-1 with
> big HLD battery attached is 5 1/4 inches tall and would be a
> really tight fit.  :-]

My Canon bag holds my E-1 with 14-54 TDC (top dead center).
Course, I'm a poor boy so I never did get the HLD battery.

Rounding out the rest of the primary compartment (at the moment)
is the 200/4, 100/2.8, 50/3.5, 35/2.8, 35/shift, 24/2.8, OM-2s
(with one of these lenses), extension tubes and a Vivitar 285HV.
 One side pocket has binocs and the other has my meter. Keys,
wallet and cellphone will ride inside the back compartment and a
waterbottle gets held in the webbing.

No wonder my back hurts.

When doing a more serious distance, I thin the Zuikos down and
leave the 285 out.  I may also slip the Minolta A1 in there too.
Like Walt, I usually have a camera 'round my neck or in hand and
just dig in the bag for whatever I need if I need it. But with
the 14-54 zoom, it's really not that often I grab anything else.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com