[OM] Re: Tamron 350/5.6 cat

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 350/5.6 cat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:13:20 -0700

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>> It's not impossible to put a diaphragm in there, just mechanically
>> difficult.

That is just what they did
<http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhomepage3.nifty.com%2F3rdpartylens%2Dom%2Fohnar.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2>.

Jeff Keller wrote:
> There was a very fast fairly long Sigma cat that used the lens cap to stop
> down the aperture. I've only seen one offered for sale. It was at Adorama
> several years ago and had a price tag of very roughly $1000.
I seem to recall that some cat lens with a cap to change the aperture
used a series of circles evenly distributed around the glass portion of
the front element. Or was that soem other thing?

Moose