[OM] Re: OT American use of bad - was Tamron 350/5.6 cat

Subject: [OM] Re: OT American use of bad - was Tamron 350/5.6 cat
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:12:44 +0100
Reminds me of some US visitors who saw the prices at the pumps, did the FX
calc, and reasoned that the prices weren't so bad after all.  So they
weren't - if they had been prices per gallon (as they thought) rather than
prices per litre (as they actually were - 4.54 x higher).  :-(

Always beware of the baggage of assumptions we all carry.

--
Piers