[OM] Re: E-500 senior picture

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 senior picture
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 06:53:25 +0100
I don't think you missed anything, Chuck.  Tom might have been
confusing 2 problems with editing files: compression with JPEG and
the editing losses.

As you know, with JPEG you lose data every time you save the file,
the greater the compression the more you lose.  But what you were
talking about was the losses you make every time you edit an image,
whatever the final file format.  As you (or Moose) mentioned, editing
a 16bit file loses you less data, but it still goes ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.