[OM] Re: Zuiko pronunciation

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko pronunciation
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:05:33 -0600
Manuel Viet wrote:
> Le dimanche 16 Juillet 2006 17:27, Winsor Crosby a écrit :
>> I was in Japan last year and discovered that Japanese, like French is
>> unaccented.
>
> What do you mean by "unaccented", exacly ?

Little or no EMphasis on certain SYLLables.  ;-)  Unlike ENGlish, where
you EMphasize certain parts of some words (and where the EMphasis
changes depENDing on where in the ENGlish-speaking world you come from).

This lack of syllabic emphasis always trips me up the first few days I'm
in France visiting relatives.  General hilarity ensues.

Garth