[OM] Re: took too many pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: took too many pictures
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:37:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- John Hermanson wrote:

> They returned camera not repaired because their computer
> hookup to camera said it had taken 108,000 pictures and the
> Life of the camera has expired. Beyond economical repair.

Boy, am I glad my OM-2S doesn't have a counter. You'd have said
"no mon" to me when it needed repair.

Speaking of BER, I was taking a look at a stage lighting
controller that got zapped by lightening.  OP-Amps are socketed
for easy repair--that's fortunate as several of them were no
longer closed-coffin shaped, but had the look of a used
firecracker.  Those were easy enough to repair, but the "smoke
test" didn't fare so well when at least three componants in the
power supply started to go "pfffvvvvvsssst". The capacitor
started to bulge but mercifully the transformer put everything
out of its misery with a nice bright flash. Bummer dude--the
smoke escaped.

So, the lightening tally so far:  One amplifier, a powered
subwoofer, four stage lights, the lighting controller, the
32-channel mixer, three condensor mikes, one stage monitor, a
couple of mike lines, an ethernet router and the door bell.
Don't you love it when a building takes a direct hit like that?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com