[OM] Re: Infinity focus on E - lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Infinity focus on E - lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:04:41 -0400
Can't you simply spin the fly by wire focusing ring to the "infinity"
end of its travel?  I just tried that with my A1 and it works fine.  The
ring keeps turning but the distance reading on the screen stays at
ininity.  Perhaps you don't have a focus distance readout anywhere but
you can probably experiment and discover that, for example, if you turn
the ring at least one full turn you're at infinity.

I went to try the same thing with the 5D and Tokina 28-80 forgetting
that the Tokina has a distance scale and an infinity mark and a hard,
mechanical stop when in manual focus mode.

Chuck Norcutt