[OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:38:06 -0700
On 7/18/06 9:35 AM, "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You've got a "friend" who'll do 150 24MB scans in two years for $2000? I'll be
> your friend for half that, providing 80-100MB TIFF scans at 5400 dpi, and I'll
> do it all in a month. I'll even pay the postage to send the film back to you.
> :-)

Well, actually, he said he'd do max resolution which would be 108 MB tiff
scans. Works out to less than $15/scan. Here in Seattle a 100MB pro drum
scan (granted, another huge  step up in quality) is $60+. And it's 150 scans
over the next two years at whatever pace I need, not that it'll take him
that long....

But I'll think about Walt.... It may be worth it for you to be my
friend....;-)

Rob in Seattle