[OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:45:40 -0700
Thank you Charlie.

I wish I hadn't put any money in my 401K and instead had put it into real
estate, I could have probably retired five years ago and be ahead of where
I'll be after working one and half jobs for the next 10 years.

Foster City (12 miles north of me) is basically land fill in the San
Francisco Bay. I heard that the houses there have very good foundations
because of concern about the fill settling unevenly further down into the
bay. They seemed to have survived the last big earthquake as "next to the
bay" rather than having the landfill liquefy turning them into underwater
housing as has often been speculated. Much if not most California housing
has at least a couple fences within arm's reach of the house. This Foster
City townhome should be in a very nice location and isn't too crowded
comparing it to other California townhomes.

For contrast (about 5 miles south of me at the Mtn View - Palo Alto border)
http://www.julianalee.com/homes/2005/pacchetti_way_151/index.htm
This townhouse has a shared driveway as a backyard. It's in a planned
community that had won acclaim years ago when it was built. Pretty scary
future if this is the future ...

-jeff