[OM] Re: Tokina 3X telephoto lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina 3X telephoto lens
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:31:36 -0400
Tim, while this will indeed fit your lens, it will also compromise its
quality.  Auxiliary lenses like these magnify the image AND the faults
of the lens.  These typically manifest as reduced sharpness and
contrast and loss of detail.  Also, the farther you get from the
center of the image, the worse the quality will get, especially at
wider apertures.  This normally happens but is emphasized when an
add-on lens is used.

Basically, it's a case of "too good to be true" for the price.

Others on the list may be able to suggest a more moderate
teleconverter (that goes between the camera and your lens) that could
offer you a balance of quality and price.

my two lux worth/ScottGee1