[OM] Re: Ghost from the past... New: OM with adapter (and chip?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Ghost from the past... New: OM with adapter (and chip?)
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:46:44 +0100
On 7/19/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shawn Wright wrote:
>
> > -is the OM adapter useful with the E-500? I have 21/3.5, 35/2.8, 50/1.8,
> 85/2 & 135/3.5
> > Zuikos - are any of these suited for this use?
> >
> They will all work on the E-500 with adapter. [...]
>
> They can only be used in the Manual and Aperture Preferred modes and
> require manual stop-down .

Hi Moose,

Sorry to ask something that might seem commonsensical but I'm not sure about
it.
What exactly does it mean 'they require a manual stop-down'? Could you
explain the process please.

And something else. I have a film C*non camera. Is it the same use, like
with digital cameras if I attach OM lenses with the proper adapter? I mean
in terms of the process but also the practical issues (i.e. no ability to
view the shot)

Christos

Ps1: Have you seen this relevant piece:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190007617341&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Ps2: My friend from Hong-Kong just emailed me that she found a nice prime
C*NNon lens (yes with two N) from an old guy in the street... oh no, there
are no really bargains there as I hoped, are there?