[OM] Re: Ghost from the past...

Subject: [OM] Re: Ghost from the past...
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:00:08 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck wrote:
> a truly fine piece of glass and very robust.  I intended to
> add its companion, the 80-200/2.8 but it has recently been
> discontinued and I'm debating if I want to get a used one or
> choose the newer design Sigma 70-200/2.8.  May be even a
> better lens but different ergonomics.

I'd stick with the same brand. The colorcast and bokeh
characteristics will be similar. The Sigma is a good lens, but
might have a different look and feel to the images, as well as
giving you ergonomic fits such as focus-ring differences.

I believe in "lens family" continuity.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com