[OM] Re: Tokina 3X telephoto lens/Raynox

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina 3X telephoto lens/Raynox
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
I've never heard of half this stuff that the replies are full of, so I save
them all, and continue to read. I'm a bit thick these days, I need to go back
up north to work, I miss the camp food, regular meals/ sleep cycle, cool fresh
air.. etc..(its supposed to be 31C this weekend, I wanna be like a dog and
crawl under the steps and bury myself in the dirt, or like a woman and spend my
days in the air conditiioned mall..

 I'm still trying to understand what a Focal length means to me when I take a
picture of that girl in the bikini, and what the heck an F-stop is anyways?
It all sounds kinda kinky( ducking and grinning)

I managed to get ahold of the R*bel packin Geologist and he is sending my E500
manual back to me ( shipped yesterday) maybe I'll get to read it at camp, then
I'll understand a bit more...

oh yea.. Raynox..
http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr2020pro/dcr2020proeg.htm

I sent them an email to get more specific info on what products will fit the
E-series.. The website doesnt list EVolt series directly, but the pages show as
follows:

             Magnification : Nominal 2.2X
             Actual 2.2X/Diagonal,
             2.2X/Horizontal
             Lens construction : 2G/4E, made of optical glass lenses, all
surfaces fully             coated.
             Front filter size : 82mm
             Mounting threads : 62mm
             Size/Weight : 123 x 85mm/275g(9.7oz)

             By using a suitable adapter and/or holder, the DCR-2020PRO lens
can be             used with the appropriate digital still camera or digital
camcorder, effectively.ï¼?RA6252             for 52mm filter size and RA6258
for 58mm filter size two adapter rings             are included with the
DCR-2020PRO)
<End paste>

so I would think I can use one of these lenses on my EVolt..Not sure if the AF
functions will work.. I think I can deal with the Vignettes issue, and it
certainly looks a little more reputable than the Tokina Eb*y listing.

I'm taking Garth's advice and not bidding on that... I will investigate this
Raynox a little more today.

I'll forward the reply when it comes..

Cheers..

Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Never heard of Raynox before.
Now I have.

Chuck Norcutt

Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> : It will be interesting to see what Tokina Japan has to say.  I'd be
> : tempted to try one if the magnification wasn't so high.
>
> Perhaps the Raynox DCR-2020PRO 2.2X might be a better choice, with its
> 62mm mounting thread and 82mm front thread.

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Cheers.. Tim Randles - Sausage King

Got Elk?
Hometown Meats
http://www.hometownmeats.ca

See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com.  Check it out.