[OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:02:07 -0400
Unfortunately, the lowest common denominator is not sRGB.  The lowest
common denominator is the color space used by any printer.  While Adobe
RGB holds more color information:

a) your monitor is an sRGB device and can't display it
b) the printer's gamut is much more restricted than either the
    monitor or sRGB

So, if you can't see it on the screen and you can't print it... why use
it?  Maybe one day all or our devices will be more color flexible but
what's sitting on your desk today can't do it.

Chuck Norcutt