[OM] Re: Unsolicited Unsubscribe

From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:48:34 -0700
Jeff Keller wrote:
> Hmmm ... I didn't think it through all the way. Most emails sent by the list
> seem to get through to me. However there seems to be a small but almost
> steady stream that doesn't because I see responses to emails that I don't
> see.
I occasionally was seeing replies to a post that I didn't get. I finally
figured out why, at least for my particular case.

I'm using a Gmail account that I access using Thunderbird, so I would
never have to look at the mail in Gmail. I did this when there were the
troubles a few months ago where some of us had addresses the list
eschewed for a while and Gmail is the only free service I knew about
that doesn't charge for POP access.

Anyway, for some reason I looked at my account on the Gmail site and
found several list posts in the spam folder. I marked them all as not
spam, and so far, no more have been trapped in limbo.

I've no idea whether this is any help, but it's here for what it's worth.

Moose