[OM] Re: Ghost from the past... New: OM with adapter (and chip?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Ghost from the past... New: OM with adapter (and chip?)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:07:31 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> The Moose is probably still asleep.

Yes, this Moose is a partially nocturnal creature and had only been
asleep about three hours.
> Very interesting development on the Canon EOS in-focus indicator chip on
> the UK ebay auction.  I see there are a couple of sellers in the US as
> well.  I think I need one but it's a little too pricey at the moment.
> Bet it will come down substantially as the number of ebay sellers grows
> to 10,000 or so.  :-)

That is a very cool gadget! As you say, a bit expensive yet.
> <big snip of very clear descriptive material> Some lenses had what were
> called "pre-set"
> diaphragms.  You could set the aperture but the lens wouldn't actually
> stop-down until you pushed the stop-down button or turned a lever.  The
> advantage was that, if you pre-set the aperture, you could do the actual
> stop-down for the exposure very quickly without checking the setting on
> the aperture ring.

The easiest MF lens I have for use on the Can*ns is an old Zeiss T
50/2.8 Tessar preset. It has two aperture rings near the front. One you
pull back and set to the desired shooting aperture. The other then moves
between wide open and the preset aperture. Open and closing for focus,
metering and shooting is then a breeze.

Moose