[OM] Re: Heads up: Win32 version of Adobe's Lightroom

Subject: [OM] Re: Heads up: Win32 version of Adobe's Lightroom
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:00:24 -0700 (PDT)
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> > Oh, how wonderful! Now I've got seven photo fiddling
> programs that I don't know how to use: Olympus Master, Olympus
> Viewer, Olympus Studio, PhotoShop CS, Picture Window Pro,
> Bibble Pro, and now Lightroom. Is there anything else I can
> download, buy, beg or borrow to create further confusement in
> an increasingly creaky and cranky old mind approaching the
> onset of mad cow?

You and Mad Cow?  Reminds me of "Boston Legal".

I'm a user of "The GIMP". Have been for quite some time now.
Each release gets better and better. If it had a "healing brush"
I'd use it 100% of the time.

I got a copy of Photoshop Elements 3.x with my Wacom tablet. I
do like PSE for some things, such as the healing brush, but
otherwise it's another overweight, tubby monstrocity that uses
way too much RAM and barely is able to tie its own shoes.

In comparison, Picture Window Pro runs like a scared rabbit,
loads up in just several seconds, and allows you to quickly
produce multiple versions of the same file.

The GIMP is plenty fast and now has an improved resize engine
(including a nicer stepper) that works quite outstandingly.

However, that all said, I'll tell you what.  Since getting Raw
Shooter Essentials, I rarely need to do much of any curves
adjustment in an editor.  It's absolutely amazing how "end
result" I can get it right in the converter.  That kinda takes
away any advantage of ARGB/48 for editing.

Reunite Gondwana

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com