[OM] Re: New version of VueScan

Subject: [OM] Re: New version of VueScan
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:22:27 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Resubscribed now.

Welcome back... :-)
> A new version of Vuescan with a complete revamping of the interface
Well, not really. I just downloaded the latest and the changes are
minor. No change, really for the experienced user. Just as well, I
really don't need to learn more new interfaces.

> and a speed increase.

Hmmm. In 8.3.49, which I last used, he did speed up batch scans by
turning off some screen refresh/repaint stuff. None of the releases
since say anything about speed. 50% increase? I don't see that, but
maybe compared to a while ago? Probably depends on the scanner, dpi
settings, etc.

Still a great product!

Moose