[OM] Re: Kiron 28mm f2.8 for OM---worth getting for very little?

Subject: [OM] Re: Kiron 28mm f2.8 for OM---worth getting for very little?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:14:12 -0700
Good evening Mike,

I've never owned  a Kiron other than the 105 macro which I haven't tested
yet. I believe Chuck Norcutt liked and used Kiron lenses. I think that Kiron
made an f2 wide angle lens that when it shows up sells in the $50 to $75
range. I would recommend you send an email to Chuck asking him if he knows
anything about the various Kirons. Chuck is the only one that I think has
regularly talked about different Kirons. Of course Moose is always promoting
his Kiron 105mm macro. I think AG Schnoze or someone made some comments
about Kiron color rendition years ago (slightly cooler than Zuikos?). The
vague impression that I've picked up is that the Kirons were typically a
good buy. I never got the impression that they offered anything the Zuikos
didn't offer except a lower price. Keep in mind you can probably buy a Zuiko
28/3.5 for $30. Even the 28/2.8 seems to be sold for down around $50 from
time to time.

-jeff