[OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Slipping Closer (long)
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:51:33 -0700
Wrong conclusion Larry!

Other than the "lotto winners" who own stock or a big stock option in a
company that wins the jackpot, salaries aren't that high. For someone trying
to buy their first home, it generally takes two full time salaries at above
average local wages and willing to sacrifice almost all disposable income
for the first 5 to 10 years. Typically inflation has driven the mortgage
down to reasonable levels after a decade. It's sort of like being forced to
save 50% of your salary, paying 30% to taxes, and living on the remaining
20%. After 30 years it _might_ turn out to have been worth it.

Personally just because I see someone making incredible amounts of money, I
generally congratulate them on their luck, sympathize with the people who
likely helped get them there but didn't receive anything but market wages
for their labor, and I still continue trying to do my best to live an honest
respectable life.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Wow! How overpaid are those people in silicon valley! That's simply a
stupid price. I'll never feel guilty again at getting Photoshop CS2 for
free or any of all those varieties of expensive software available free
from the software forum at datviet.com.

Larry