[OM] Re: Photography of childen and at aquatic places

Subject: [OM] Re: Photography of childen and at aquatic places
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:16:42 -0700
Thank you, Brian, for sharing the site with Ans Westra. Very
interesting and some charming photographs.

About 20 years ago there was a sudden popularity of nude family
portraits of young couples with their first child some of which I
found to be beautiful. I suppose someone would get into trouble with
those today.  My local clone of a Barnes and Noble bookstore was
recently picketed because someone discovered a book in the
photography section that included a couple of innocent shots of
unclothed children who had not been sold into the porn trade. Silly
people who are more worried about whether some one might be
titillated than really protecting anyone.

On the other hand I don't think I would be happy having my child
photographed by a stranger either. There is social space even
outside.  It would feel as much like an invasion as a stranger just
walking up and looking at the child. As for the parents, geez, have a
heart. You know they will torture the teen later by showing his/her
friends a picture of the nude young child in a crowd of clothed
people outside. Justifiable matricide in my book. Axe or chainsaw.
Doesn't matter.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA