[OM] Re: for Walt Wayman

Subject: [OM] Re: for Walt Wayman
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:18:00 +0000
John,

My apologies for the bounced mail. Brian had one bounce a few weeks ago. I
don't know what's going on with AT&T. I'm hooking up Comcast broadband next
week, as soon as the gear arrives, so I may cure the problem with a new address.

As for the "EP," that's either a typo or was written by someone with very poor
eyesight. It should be "ED," like on the little silver badge on the side of the
lens, which says "50mm 1:2 Macro ED Lens." I'm not sure what the "ED" stands
for; it just means it's a "special low-dispersion glass lens," according to the
instruction sheet that accompanies it.

As for "DZ," you don't find that on the lens; it's just short for "Digital
Zuiko," the abbreviation we seem to have adopted here, despite the fact it's
really backwards, since Olympus calls them "Zuiko Digital" lenses.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --