[OM] Re: E500 & Flash

Subject: [OM] Re: E500 & Flash
From: LostKase <lostkase2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:51:24 -0700 (PDT)
The T32 and T20 suffer from red eye syndrome.Fortunately, I have the flash
extender which makes them more usable.  I've had luck bouncing the T32 on my
E500 but I prefer the Sunpak 433D. It offers bounce plus it swivels and has a
higher guide number.It also rides higher on the camera. It doesn't cover as
much of an angle as the T-32 but gives more versatility. It seems to have
problems TTL with OM bodies as it doesn't contact the shoe very well. It's a
bit fiddly, but I've had good results. The Vivitar 285HV also works well with a
reasonable shoe voltage of approx 15 volts. As documented at
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html. The prices of the Olympus
flashes have put them out of my price range. The recycle time of the FL-36 with
only 2 batteries is dissapointing to say the least. The $375.00 FL-50 also
gives me pause monetarily. I'll chimp and live what I have at those prices!

Best of luck,
Bob

Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I don't know that anyone here
has actually checked a T-20 but the T-32
has been checked out by several folks here.  The T-32's trigger voltage
is approx. 12 volts and is known to work well on E-1 and E-500.  I
assume other E things as well but don't know if that has been verified.
  If the T-20's trigger voltage isn't subtantially higher than 12 volts
I wouldn't worry about it.

Chuck Norcutt

http://mail.yahoo.com