[OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?

Subject: [OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:13:36 -0700
The local Tamron recommended repair shop didn't ruin my lens but they were
useless and tried to charge for work that wasn't done. Tamron USA in New
York did an excellent job.

Zoom creep shouldn't be the cause of infinity focus being off. It sounds
like some internal lens elements have moved from where they should be. If it
were just the barrel rotating, focus should be off by the same amount of
rotation at both the short and long ends.

Good luck,
-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Fabio Fiorellato" <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi list,

I've recently discovered that my Tamron SP 35-105mm f/2.8, apart from having
a mild amount of zoom creep, is not keeping correct focus when zooming from
one end to the other.

-snip

Needless to say, I'll go for another repairman rather than the one that
killed my Zuiko 35-105 (R.I.P.).

Anyhow, do you think that the focus misalignment should be a direct
consequence of the increased zoom creep?

Ciao!

Fabio