[OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?

Subject: [OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:21:51 +0000
I sent my Tamron 80-200/2.8 to KEH two or three years ago for dusting and
fixing the zoom creep. It came back sparkling clean, and the zoom is smooth as
silk and won't creep even if you hold it straight up and down and shake it
vigorously, which I ordinarily have no reason to do, but I did try it once just
to see what would happen. There were no focusing issues either before, after,
or yet. $110, best I recall, including return shipping.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --