[OM] Re: Photodo resurrected!

Subject: [OM] Re: Photodo resurrected!
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:44:57 -0400
Yeah, if I read the MTF charts in the reviews and was puzzled by them.
 Here's an explanation of their new methodology:

http://www.photodo.com/topic_143.html

I'm still sorting it out.  They don't mention which RAW converter(s)
they use.  Also, the statement, "It should be noted however, that
results are only relevant to the camera/sensor combination that the
test was carried out on!" is interesting as well.  All the tests of
Oly lenses were done on an E500; is that the best choice?  And "lp/mm"
is replaced by "cyl/pxl" which may account for the seemingly low
values on the graphs.

The Imatest site looks like it will require a bit of time and effort
to assimilate so that will have to wait for another day.  :D

ScottGee1