[OM] How I spent last weekend..

Subject: [OM] How I spent last weekend..
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:05:33 +0100
Cc: "Dixie Daniels" <dixie.daniels@xxxxxxxxx>, olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
At Ashton Court Festival.  Bloody knackering, cycling there from Filton, and
way too hot... but there was lots of shade, water (and beer) to drink and
loads bands and poets and stuff.  My modest collection of photos can now be
seen at

<http://ian955.fotopic.net>

Best act was Beth Rowley, though most of you will probably agree with Chas
that it was French accordion ska band Babylon Circus.

Didn't get any of Chas leaping around, sadly.

Sunday's ride home was quite interesting too - I decided to avoid the crowds
and use the aluminium roadway put in for the buses, followed by a short
woodland section (terminating with logs across the way) and a plunge down
one of the steepest hills in town which has no streetlighting (er, 'cos it's
not actually in town, as such) and then a game of dodge the pedestrian
(fortunately the really pissed-up ones hadn't found the way out yet) and
back on proper roads again.

I rather enjoyed that.