[OM] Re: Photodo resurrected!

Subject: [OM] Re: Photodo resurrected!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:46:16 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:
> Klaus now runs:
>
> http://www.photozone.de/
>
> I'm the one who used to feed him results from the U.S. based
> publications that were difficult to get in Europe.  Very pleasant
> fellow.

A good and useful site in many ways. But how he could spend so may hours
testing so many full frame EF mount lenses from Can*n and others on an
APS-C size sensor is beyond me. It also drives me crazy. All these
careful, standardized tests of a whole range of interesting glass, but
useless in evaluating glass for the FF sensors.

If a lens is poor in the center, or on the edges of the small sensor,
one could assume that means it just gets worse as it gets farther out.
However, there are a few careful tests that reveal lenses where
sharpness does not simply decline with distance from the center of the
frame. Particularly true, it appears, of super wides.

It's sort of as if Gary did all his OM mount lens tests on a Pen-F.

Moose