[OM] Re: How to obtain archival-quality prints

Subject: [OM] Re: How to obtain archival-quality prints
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:29:01 +1000
Winsor, the 20yo prints I was referring to are b&w.  I'm assuming you
are talking about color RC prints?

I also have 20yo color RC prints and their longevity is dependent on how
they were processed.  Fresh, carefully monitored and replenished
chemicals are critical.

Some of my 20yo color prints done by a local lab not known for its high
quality standards have gone magenta.  But others processed by Kod*k are
still looking fine.  It's the old story - ya gets what ya pays for!

Andrew McPhee