[OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:11:09 +0100
> "En v' là un, il pourrait bien être malheureux comme les pierres,
> que je lui donnerais pas pour un sou d'ouvrage."

It's not modern French and/or has bits missing and/or doesn't make complete
grammatical sense, but it seems to suggest:-

One sees/goes someone there, he could well be unhappy like the stones, that I
didn't give him <?> for a penny for work.

Note the v' means nothing hence sees (voit) goes (va) as a guess, and the
negative in the last part is odd as one would expct "... je *ne* lui donnerais
pas un sou pour son ouvrage" or similar.

Simon