[OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?

Subject: [OM] Re: How hard and risky is it to repair a one touch zoom?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:33:48 -0400
Use something hundreds of feet away for an infinity point.  Set lens to
105 and focus on it, focus should be coming in with lens set to
infinity. Zoom back, does infinity focus hold?
Hold lens firmly and shake up and down (with lens pointed up) do you
feel or hear a clicking or clunking?  That could be a loose element,
though in a zoom, all the moving elements may provide a misleading
diagnosis.
Olympus lenses that develop zoom creep (50-250, 65-200) have a hidden
set screw for dialing it out.

Closed 7/27 through 8/6
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net