[OM] Re: How to piss off a cat without really trying

Subject: [OM] Re: How to piss off a cat without really trying
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:02:54 +0000
Actually, there was almost no thought involved, as the cat/victim was shot from
ambush as he lounged on the third level of the cat tree. I was experimenting
with the macro twins, varying flash head positions and lighting ratios, and
this was shot using the configuration I used for years with the "old" OM T-28
twins: one at 45 degrees above horizontal on the right, the other at horizontal
level, with a diffuser and ND filter. With the old setup, the only way to vary
the light output between the two flash units was by using ND filters, but with
the new stuff, a twist of a knob on the FC-1 varies the power from one side to
the other in approximate 1/3 stop steps. I think this was shot at a 1:1.6 ratio
left-to-right. I decided it was too much "fill" and have it now set to 1:2.5.
And the modelling lights don't require those heavy, knee-whacking 6V, 4 "D"
cell packs with the tangling dangling cords. Digital life just keeps getting
better 'n better. :-)

Give my regards to Chandy and Mittens. Your shots probably were more difficult
than mine. I've learned shooting the critters either clandestinely or with a
tele from a distance works best -- at least with ours, who now view all
photographic apparatus with grave suspicion and refuse any sort of cooperation.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --