[OM] Re: Sugarland, Texas

Subject: [OM] Re: Sugarland, Texas
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:03:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/2006 4:05:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Perhaps  our member from Sugarland could post a few images of his winning
community and  show case his locality.

Would anyone have an interest in buying a nice approx. 3400 square ft.
custom built Georgian style home in a planned Sugar Land community?  The  list
member in Sugar Land would entertain offers around $410,000 and would then
move
to the Texas hill country.

Seriously, Sugar Land is a bedroom community to Houston which has a strong
economy.  Our school district is top rated and housing prices are a  bargain.
This house in Colorado, where I'd like to move, would cost twice  what it
would sell for here.  In California, where I wouldn't want to move,  it would
probably be three time what it would cost here.  Good schools,  cheap housing
and
good job market is a pretty good combination.  I'm on the  verge of retiring
which explains my interest in selling in the next year or  so.

Sugar land is close to the coast (an hour to Galveston), has access to  one
of the best medical centers in the world, has a major airport to get you  where
you want to go, several excellent colleges and Universities.  It is,  as the
piece in Money says, both hot and humid, however I just got back from a  few
days in Sacramento and it is nice to be home in the cool Texas  heat.  110
degrees in Sacramento, now that is hot.

Should anyone have a serious interest in Sugar Land, I'd be happy to tell
them more.  Bill Barber