[OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:10:08 +0100
No time to Google, Joel, no time, old chap ;-).

You're right about my being despondent: it is difficult to see why we
have to add syllables to perfectly serviceable and quite elegant
words.  Press -- pressure -- pressurise come to mind, and I still
can't get used to the way some training experts use the word
"competency" when "competence" was perfectly adequate ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.