[OM] Re: Before responding to Larry

Subject: [OM] Re: Before responding to Larry
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
Uh, Guys?

If you don't mind...

Open-source software exists for a reason.  Do us all a
favour--embrace it.  I refuse to buy MS Office, but instead of
using an "acquired" copy, I use Open Office.  Instead of buying
Photoshop CSx, I use GIMP and others.

We all have options.  If you don't like the gas prices?  Use
public transportation, buy a hybrid car or walk. Same with
software.

It's not an issue of morality. The seller can ask whatever price
they want. Evidently Microsoft, Adobe and others have found a
price that balances sales growth with some "shrinkage". When
enough people stop buying the software, the prices will either
drop or the product has passed over the top of the hockey-stick.

In almost every case, history tells us that products and
companies have a finite life-cycle.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com