[OM] Danger, danger! Adventure afoot!

Subject: [OM] Danger, danger! Adventure afoot!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:02:45 +0000
I am preparing for a night-time adventure deep into the dark and dangerous
forest in an attempt to photograph a creature most don't even know exists and
which few who have even seen it have survived to tell about. Nocturnal, with
giant, piercing eyes, needle-sharp claws, razor-sharp teeth, faster than the
eye can follow, able to leap from tree to tree in a single bound, silent and
often unseen until suddenly, out of the corner of one's eye, it is sensed more
than seen hurtling in from behind.

I hope to survive this daring undertaking, which may take several nights, and
if I do so, I will post a photograph or two, however poor and shaky from fright
it or they might be. If I don't make it back, I'm sure my wife will have all my
gear on eBay in a week or two, so your generosity would be appreciated.

Here is an example of the sort of gear I have cobbled together today for
purposes of this dangerous pursuit:

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1116.jpg

If I don't survive and this proves to be my last post, so be it. Remember that
I perished in the line of photographic duty.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --