[OM] Re: Danger, danger! Adventure afoot!

Subject: [OM] Re: Danger, danger! Adventure afoot!
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
Walt wrote:
> I am preparing for a night-time adventure deep into the dark
> and dangerous forest in an attempt to photograph a creature
> most don't even know exists and which few who have even seen
> it have survived to tell about. Nocturnal, with giant,
> piercing eyes, needle-sharp claws, razor-sharp teeth, faster
> than the eye can follow, able to leap from tree to tree in a
> single bound, silent and often unseen until suddenly, out of
> the corner of one's eye, it is sensed more than seen hurtling
> in from behind.

What you describe is an owl. When it comes to humans, they are
usually rather humorous. They wait quietly until you walk right
under the branch they are sitting on then give a loud "hoot".
By the time you're done relieving yourself, they've slowly flown
off just out of camera sightline.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com