[OM] Re: spammers& software/ life is good..

Subject: [OM] Re: spammers& software/ life is good..
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:35:11 -0600
Tim Randles wrote:

[snip]

  > After work today am going to take the Evolt out and snap a couple
potential landscapes images I saw yesterday.. I think the mist will
enhance the effect a lot, any suggestions on manual settings for the
e-500 to have good focus in the foreground with a blurred background,
reflecting a small pond?

Tim:

In Aperture Priority Mode, set your aperture as wide open as you can for
the lens.  Fire off a few shots.  Then start closing it down, perhaps a
stop at a time.  Out of all those, you might find some that give you the
right amount of foreground sharpness and background blurring.  Also try
a sequence in Program Mode, just for giggles.  See how the camera
decides to make the tradeoff.

Garth