[OM] Re: Martyn's Olympus Odyssey pictures

Subject: [OM] Re: Martyn's Olympus Odyssey pictures
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:47:02 +0100
Jeff,

Thanks for your interest. Venice is well worth a visit, particularly when
you get away from the main tourist sites. Undeniably has the feel of a
museum about it, though the wife thought it was more like a giant film set
(more fun than the average museum but even less to do with "real life").

The look of the Burano picture is probably due to the subdued lighting
(rained all day - for the rest of the trip it was bright sunshine). Whether
the smaller islands are more "real" than the city is debatable but they are
certainly all very different. If you want to see some more of the OO pics
I've placed a few more on the web (been playing around with the Web Photo
Gallery tool in PS so this is just a test) -

http://archaeoimages.com/Venice-01/index.html

Hope it works OK.

Martyn