[OM] Re: Durst

Subject: [OM] Re: Durst
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:52:42 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Durst has discontinued making enlargers. They made 107, 000 in 1979
> and less than a thousand last year.
I'm amazed they have been making them this long. Who can have been
buying them? If one needs an enlarger, they are available readily and
cheap used.

An end of an era, though. I did some interesting things with Durst
enlarger bits and pieces years ago, using a 4x5 head as part of a very
large, overhead rail copy camera we created and their condensers in
large rear projections systems. Excellent, well-made stuff.

Moose